The Benefits of Migrating to a Modern Email Platform
April 30, 2021
Legacy email platforms that connect to your inbox via a POP or IMAP setup can be a headache to work with. Thankfully, TechSeek offers migration to Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365. Migrating your email over to a modern platform makes it easier to communicate with customers and colleagues, manage the users within your organization, and gives your team access to other technology that can help run your business more smoothly.
Google Workplace Features That Are Essential For Your Business
Google Workplace comes with many essential features that you can use to allow your team and customers to communicate with one another more effectively. Here are some of the features of migrating over to Google Workplace:
- You can use GMail with any member of your organization and create email aliases and groups.
- You can easily add users as your business expands without the need for a dedicated IT manager at your workplace.
- Google Workplace also gives you the ability to use native Google Applications, such as Google Meet, Google Drive (with Sheets, Docs, and Slides), and other applications that allow your employees to collaborate with one another.
- You do not need to worry about having onsite storage or server space for your legacy email system.
Microsoft Office 365 Features
Many people choose to migrate over to Microsoft Office 365, depending upon the unique needs of their business. Here are some of the benefits of having TechSeek migrate your business over to Microsoft Office 365:
- Email and calendaring are both included as standard features.
- File storage and sharing made easy.
- Standard access to Microsoft products, like PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Access to both desktop and mobile versions of native Microsoft apps.
- Cloud storage for important work documents and other files necessary for doing business.
Should You Go With Google Workplace or Microsoft Office 365?
Ultimately, at the end of the day, both platforms have important features that will boost your team’s productivity and give you more peace of mind. Microsoft Office 365 will tend to be better for businesses that are enterprise-sized and require advance security. On the other hand, Google Workplace comes with many different features that will benefit the small- to medium-sized business. If your business has employees that work remotely, Google Workplace is ideal, since it allows easy access to important apps and tools right in the browser.
At the end of the day, there are a couple of reasons that your business should consider migrating to either one of these great platforms:
- Access to work anytime, anywhere.
- Having a cloud email platform is more affordable and easier.
- Managing your email system through a hosted platform is much more affordable and lets your employees connect on their smartphones and other devices with minimal effort.
If you are looking for help with moving your legacy system over to Microsoft Office 365 or Google Workplace, let TechSeek be your trusted partner.